Hornby Grant Rail Ltd, Ruston & Hornsby 48DS, 0-4-0, GR5090 - Era 9 R3853 Pre-Order Expected Spring 2021
R&H 200793 left Boultham Works on 26 October 1940, heading for William Evans & Co. Old Mills Colliery in Somerset. The colliery closed in 1966 and 200793 made its way into the fleet of rail construction contractor Grant, Lyon & Eagre Ltd, at one point being used at the Cheriton site during construction of the Channel Tunnel. GLE Ltd became a subsidiary of British Steel in 1989 and was subsequently rebranded as GrantRail Ltd in August 1996. Sold into preservation at the Pontypool & Blaenavon Railway as 'Gower Princess', 200793 has now been fully restored and is the yard shunter at Williton at the West Somerset Railway.